The Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary
IBVM Loreto Sisters are women drawn to companionship in the service in the Gospel. They are to be found in 24 countries spread over five continents.
The Institute was founded by the English woman Mary Ward in 1609, who dreamed of a new kind of community of women religious – an independent, self-governing congregation patterned after the model of the Society of Jesus, free of the confines of the cloister. Inspired by Mary Ward and the Ignatian spiritual tradition, they strive to support growth into freedom through spiritual ministries, education, and any other works which meet the needs of our times.
The Sisters have one house within the parish at 12 Goodwood Crescent, Timperley,
Altrincham , WA15 7BD, Tel. 0161 980 3709.